Recent Posts

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Goodbye Twenties {30 Before 30}



 About a month ago, I realized I would be turning 30 in six short months. Whoa. 30. Saying goodbye to your twenties can be tough for some. I'm determined, however, to celebrate it. I've been on this earth for almost 3 decades! Doing anything for that long is something to celebrate. 

So I decided to come up with a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. I asked my friend and family for ideas, posted on my Facebook page about it, and searched Pinterest for ideas. Some are just little things (like getting rid of all my maternity clothes), and some are going to take a little more time and effort to complete (like fitting into a certain pair of pants by my birthday). Some are a bit silly (like take a picture in a photo booth), and some, for me, are adventurous (like riding in a boat-trust me this is adventurous for me). 

If you're making a list of “things” you want to do, here are some of the great ideas I came across, thought of myself, or people shared with me:

  • Go to a show of some sort
  • Organize all your pictures
  • Visit new places like city or state parks
  • Try new flavors of ice cream (as much as I'd love to try 30 new flavors of ice cream, if I'm going to fit in “those” pants, I better limit this one!)
  • Finish a project you've been putting off
  • Learn a new skill
  • Do 30 things just for yourself-even if they're just little things like taking time to stretch. (Great advice!)
  • Complete some sort of challenge (like Photo A Day for example)
  • Read a book or books 
  • Memorize 30 Bible verses
  • Visit a local landmark you've never seen or it's been a long time since you saw it
  • Have a movie marathon
  • Send more snail mail (who doesn't love getting a REAL letter??)
  • Go on an adventure
  • Try something silly
  • Try new recipes (My goal is 20. We've tried 3 so far!)
  • Find a geocache
  • Try a new restaurant or restaurants
  • Go to a bed and breakfast
  • Try a unique (or weird) food
  • Climb a mountain
  • Run a marathon or half marathon
  • Take a class
  • Do 30 things that make you the happiest
  • Send 30 notes to people who have positively influenced you (this is my FAVORITE!)

I'm excited and will share about the “30 things” I chose for my list along the way!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy this post?
I'd love for you to join us on our adventures and follow along:

Facebook photo facebook.pngPinterest photo pinterest.pngTwitter photo twitter.pngGoogle  photo googleplus.pngInstagram photo instagram.pngRSS photo rss.png photo email.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave a comment or contact me on the "Contact Us" tab. I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...